Actions of Eastern Connecticut
PHRF Handicappers Council
ACTIONS of the ECSA PHRF HANDICAPPERS COUNCIL
2017 NOTICES AND ACTIONS
7 February 2017 Handicappers’ COUNCIL MEETING
- Discussed PHRF Web site activity. Revised software should be should be operational within the week..
- Finalized language concerning RF adjustments. As:
Roller Furler Restrained (RFR) A boat, not subject to One Design or Class rules, which sails with ALL head stay jibs that are tacked to the top of an above deck mounted functional roller furler, and are raised within a head foil (excluding inner stays or free flying staysails), using a head stay swivel such that the sails can be furled, shall be considered “Roller Furler Restrained” (RFR).
Boats that are sold by the original manufacturer in the RFR configuration, upon which the base boat handicap is established, are referred to as an RFR Base Boat. All other boats, whether equipped with a roller furler or not, are referred to as a Non-RFR Base Boat. In all cases, owners MUST specifically indicate their configuration in the application process.
The RFR adjustments are as follows:
Spinnaker Class Non-Spinnaker Class
Sailing as RFR non- RFR RFR non-RFR
RFR Base Boat 0 -3 0 -3
Non- RFR Base Boat +3 0 +3 0
3) Email notifications from the handicap software emanate from firstname.lastname@example.org. Individual spam filters may inhibit receipt.
4) Expect revised 2017 PHRF Regulations to be posted shortly.
5) Volunteers reviewing base boat listing:
- a) AB list — Jim Francis. (note complete)
- b) C list –Neal O’Connell,
- c) HP list – Jason Swan,
- d) SB list – CJ (note complete)
- e) Custom list – Bob Geary
6) Reviewed IMX-45 TMDK base boat handicap at length. Base boat handicap remains at PHRF 18/36.
7) Next Council meeting at ECYC – 28 February 2017 should there be sufficient business..