Actions of Eastern Connecticut
PHRF Handicappers Council
ACTIONS of the ECSA PHRF HANDICAPPERS COUNCIL
2017 NOTICES AND ACTIONS
28 March 2017 Handicappers’ COUNCIL MEETING
- Discussed PHRF Web site activity. Logic error discovered in the save function in software being worked by programmer.
- 2017 revised PHRF Regulations posted.
- Decided to review J-133 PHRF handicap at April meeting.
- Revised the PHRF handicap for the CATALINA 275 to PHRF 255/279 RFR.
- Revised the PHRF handicap for the Xp-44 AM SD to PHRF 30/48.
- Revised the PHRF handicap for the Xp-44 CM DK to PHRF 21/39.
- Established PHRF handicap for the X-4 at PHRF 36/54.
- Established PHRF handicap for the Xc-38 at PHRF 81/101.
- Established PHRF handicap for the IMPULSE 21ORD at PHRF 189/207.
- Established PHRF handicap for the BENETEAU OCEAMIS 381 at PHRF 138/158 RFR.
- Reclassified CAPO 30 to “HP”.
- Scheduled handicap appeal of VALKYRIE (C&C 34/36R) for April.
- Next meeting at ECYC on 25 April.
7 February 2017 Handicappers’ COUNCIL MEETING
- Discussed PHRF Web site activity. Revised software should be should be operational within the week..
- Finalized language concerning RF adjustments. As:
Roller Furler Restrained (RFR) A boat, not subject to One Design or Class rules, which sails with ALL head stay jibs that are tacked to the top of an above deck mounted functional roller furler, and are raised within a head foil (excluding inner stays or free flying staysails), using a head stay swivel such that the sails can be furled, shall be considered “Roller Furler Restrained” (RFR).
Boats that are sold by the original manufacturer in the RFR configuration, upon which the base boat handicap is established, are referred to as an RFR Base Boat. All other boats, whether equipped with a roller furler or not, are referred to as a Non-RFR Base Boat. In all cases, owners MUST specifically indicate their configuration in the application process.
The RFR adjustments are as follows:
Spinnaker Class Non-Spinnaker Class
Sailing as RFR non- RFR RFR non-RFR
RFR Base Boat 0 -3 0 -3
Non- RFR Base Boat +3 0 +3 0
3) Email notifications from the handicap software emanate from email@example.com. Individual spam filters may inhibit receipt.
4) Expect revised 2017 PHRF Regulations to be posted shortly.
5) Volunteers reviewing base boat listing:
- a) AB list — Jim Francis. (note complete)
- b) C list –Neal O’Connell,
- c) HP list – Jason Swan,
- d) SB list – CJ (note complete)
- e) Custom list – Bob Geary
6) Reviewed IMX-45 TMDK base boat handicap at length. Base boat handicap remains at PHRF 18/36.
7) Next Council meeting at ECYC – 28 February 2017 should there be sufficient business..